Business litigation refers to the process of taking legal action to resolve business-related disputes or disputes involving other types of financial arrangements. When a dispute cannot be resolved amicably and out-of-court, legal action may be necessary to preserve your legal rights, properly defend yourself, and/or receive damages accordingly. Such disputes often arise between friends and family, which can be extremely complex and draining.
Here, at KatzLaw, our attorneys are well-versed in business litigation and business-related issues that require legal help, with a complete understanding of the law. We know how intricate the process is, and we will treat your case with the utmost attention it deserves.
The most common business dispute involves breach of a written contract. It is important that you retain an experienced and attentive attorney who will take the time to review the contract at issue and come up with an effective strategy to resolve the dispute at hand. Often times, you will be entitled to damages as a result of the other party’s breach of a contract. Besides breach of contract cases, however, other business litigation cases arise that include (but are not limited to):
- Business fraud;
- Unfair competition;
- Contract interference;
- Construction defects;
- Domain name disputes;
- And many more.
What are some important economic considerations during litigation?
Besides the legal costs associated with a business-related dispute, as well as the frustration and length of time, there are some basic economic factors that should be considered when negotiating a settlement and/or deciding to litigate. These factors include (but are not limited to):
- Your financial condition, as well as your opposing party’s financial condition, which will help determine whether each side can continue litigating a matter for a prolonged period of time, or whether a settlement is a better alternative.
- If you are defending against a lawsuit, were you in the wrong? Are you willing to pay a modest amount to rid of the ongoing litigation? What are the amount of damages that you expect a court to award the opposing party?
- If you are the one suing, what damages are sufficient to make you whole and compensate you for any losses?
- Will you or the other side be indemnified if required to pay damages?
- How will litigation affect your ability and the opposing party’s ability to continue with business?
- What are the risks associated with litigating your business dispute?
The above are all questions and concerns that you should consider when deciding to seek the advice of an attorney during a business dispute. The attorneys at KatzLaw are not afraid to deal with any business dispute, no matter how big or small, no matter how simple or complex. KatzLaw is well-equipped to provide you with superior legal representation that will help you achieve your objective. Business litigation is not simple, and an attorney experienced with handling business litigation cases is pivotal. Likewise, you need an attorney who you can trust, and KatzLaw is determined to build a long-term relationship with its clients based on integrity and justice.